Personal Thoughts about Story/Quest Content in Blade & Soul | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
luckyowl Apr 12 '16

I had heard that Blade and Soul had quite a decent story to it, I saw some pretty nice cutscenes here and there over youtube and such so I knew that I had something to look forward to whilst levelling up, I don't usually make it a thing to read through side-quests either as with many games it tends to be a lot of "who cares" with things such as "hi there stranger, fancy bringing me some meat by killing me some pigs" etc etc, not to say that Blade and Soul lacked those quests...because it certainly did have some here and there which unfortunately takes away from the main story when you go from an epic story to dealing with a guys farm. By the way, if you need blade & soul gold, click it.

The cutscenes in this game really dragged me into the story and kept me immersed, some of them were quite long which made me enjoy and appreciate it just that much more, you can really tell the developers put a lot of effort into what they were making and the story they were telling. I've played my fair share of MMOs where I will usually skip reading the quests which can often even include the main story quests as they tend to not really drag you into it enough and sometimes have cutscenes that are either being told with pictures (which I don't mind but it doesn't drag you into what's happening and can result in an easy skip) or just general in-game stuff with nothing all too big going on, I think this is what made me really enjoy and have that "I can't wait to see what happens next" going off in my head after the scene ended, personally I don't think I can give it enough praise as I've not really enjoyed an MMOs story in far too long, perhaps the last one that did it properly was swtor.

Outside of the main story content, I was quite surprised to find that the blue side quests actually had some interesting little storys to each area you was at as opposed to a load of content quest fillers to drive you along the levels. I enjoyed reading through a good amount of them as at times it would tie in with the main story it self to give you more of an idea on what's happening around each zone, so really you could say that while the main yellow story quests is all you really needed to read as you progressed, the blue quests would give you that bit extra like with a general rpg if you're one of those people that want to complete everything instead of just the story which can result in over double of your game time.

As I mentioned with the side quests having some of their own sub-storys, I enjoyed them enough to want to keep reading for the fact that there was a good amount of relevance to what was happening, such as being in the desert area dealing with yonkais brigade and helping soha out with another sub characters little army of "Yes Men" which then turns out to flow into the main story.

I do wish that all of it could of been as interesting as it was, much like I said earlier was that the game did have some general "throw-away" quests which I think was just there to help elongate the levelling time and offer some source of exp outside of doing dailys instead which would of been the worser option if forced upon some players, for me personally it was a pain to deal with as I kinda forced my self to read through the quests anyway even though I wasn't bothered which took away from the general experiences I had been having up to those moments, but aside from that, I thoroughly enjoyed it all.

For more information welcome to our site, you can find cheap blade & soul gold here.